Basil Boxwood is a compact annual herb with delightfully aromatic, small leaves and an attractive, dense habit. It may be clipped to create an EDIBLE HEDGE™ to border a vegie patch, herb garden or flower bed.
- Growing Tip: Plant Basil Boxwood in rich soil and water and fertilise regularly. Pinch out tips regularly to promote bushiness. Protect from frost and snails. Basil Boxwood also looks fabulous planted in a tub where the resulting mound of foliage may be used for formal plantings or simply as a delicious and convenient addition to an existing patio, courtyard or balcony display.
- Position: Full sun
- Height / Spacing: 25-30cm, 25cm
- Lifespan: Annual
- Harvest: 5-7 weeks after planting.
- Uses: Basil Boxwood is full of flavour. Add it fresh or dried to tomato dishes, salads, pasta sauces and salad dressings and vinegars. Try some today!
- Planting time: Spring, summer.
- Range: 100mm Herb pots