BASIL DARK OPAL
Ocimum basilicum ‘Rubin’
This aromatic and highly decorative basil has beautiful ruffled foliage and small pink flowers. It is suitable for growing in pots or garden beds.
- Growing Tip: Plant in rich soil and water and fertilise regularly. Pinch out tips to promote business. Protect from snails, frost and strong winds. Keep moist in dry weather.
- Position: Full sun, Part shade
- Height / Spacing: 30-35cm, 20cm
- Lifespan: Annual
- Use: Fresh and dried leaves add colour and interest to a range of dishes including tomato, pesto, pasta, salads, vinegar and Vietnamese and Thai cuisine.
- Companion Planting: Plant near capsicums, tomatoes and beans to enhance their growth. Attracts bees.
- Range: 100mm Herb pots