Ocimum basilicum 'Kilmancharium’ X ‘Purpurascens’
Perennial Basil has a longer growing season than other basils. A smaller leafed variety suitable for growing in pots and garden beds.
- Growing Tip: Plant in well-drained, rich soil and water and fertilise regularly. Pinch out tips to promote business. Protect from snails, frost and strong winds.
- Position: Full sun, Part shade
- Height / Spacing: 40cm, 30cm
- Lifespan: Perennial
- Use: Fresh and dried leaves add colour and interest to a range of dishes including tomato, pesto, pasta, salads and vinegars.
- Companion Planting: Plant near capsicums, tomatoes and beans to enhance their growth. Attracts bees.
- Range: 100mm Herb pots, Zest 200mm