A vigorous basil with purple-tinged leaves, stems and flowers suitable for growing in pots and garden beds.
- Growing Tip: Plant in rich soil and water and fertilise regularly. Pinch out tips to promote business. Protect from snails, frost and strong winds. Keep moist in dry weather.
- Position: Full sun, Part shade
- Height / Spacing: 30-60cm, 30-60cm
- Lifespan: Annual
- Use: The large leaves are highly aromatic and redolent of aniseed. Ideal for curries.
- Companion Planting: Plant near capsicums, tomatoes and beans to enhance their growth. Attracts bees.
- Range: 100mm Herb pots