An annual with decorative leaves and an aniseed-like flavour. Flowers appear in spring and summer. Used to create soft borders or grow in pots or in the herb garden.
- Growing Tip: Plant in rich, moist, well-drained soil. Harvest before flowers appear. Keep well watered in hot weather.
- Position: Full sun, Part shade
- Height / Spacing: 35-50cm, 20-30cm
- Lifespan: Annual
- Use: Commonly used in French cuisine and in vegetable, egg, chicken and fish dishes and potato salads.
- Companion Planting: Reputed to improved growth of broccoli, radishes and lettuce and to deter slugs.
- Range: 100mm Herb pots