The 1cm x 4cm long, edible fruit of this highly attractive, compact plant mature from a yellow-green shade through orange to a bold red. Samba, with its long slender fruit and lush green foliage is the perfect feature plant for garden beds, borders and pots. It is also suitable for short-term indoor display. Picking fruit regularly may help to prolong the harvest period.
View the full Oasis Tasty Bite range
- Growing Tip: Plant in well-drained soil. Use a control release, general purpose fertiliser. If growing in containers use a quality potting mix. Do not allow pot to dry out fully. Prune as needed. Tolerates light frosts.
- Position: Full sun
- Height / Spacing: 20cm approx, 15-20cm apart.
- Lifespan: Annual
- Harvest: Pick fruit often to prolong harvest.
- Uses: Add mature fruit to Mediterranean or Asian-style dishes, or use as a colourful garnish. Wash hands carefully after handling fruit.
- Planting Time: Spring, Summer
- Range: Tasty Bite Chillies 150mm