Chillies Tasty Bite™
Several exceptionally attractive, chillies to choose from with heat ratings ranging from sweet through to hot and very hot.
Oasis has selected the very finest, compact, edible varieties that have stunning visual appeal. Four varieties, Ebony Fire , Salsa, Seville and Thai were developed in Australia by Bonza Botanicals Pty Ltd., an Oasis Suntory Flowers joint venture. The other varieties in the range are Cha Cha, Fandango, Rumba and a NEW RELEASE medium heat variety, Samba.
- Growing Tip: Plant in well-drained soil. Use a control release, general purpose fertiliser. If growing in containers use a quality potting mix. Prune as needed. Tolerates light frost.
- Height / Spacing: 15-20cm, 20cm apart
- Lifespan: Annual
- Range: Tasty Bite Chillies 150mm
- Harvest: Plants sold in fruit. Pick fruit regularly to prolong cropping period.
- Fruiting Time: Spring, summer, autumn
- Available Pot Sizes: 150mm
- Available: Spring, summer, autumn. Availability of individual lines may vary between States and prevailing climatic conditions.
- Colour: Mix
- Uses: Pick and use to spice up Mediterranean and Asian-style dishes or as a delicate flavoured garnish depending on variety.