An easy-to-grow clump forming perennial producing long green leaves with a pleasing oniony flavour and pink-purple leaves appearing in summer. Suits pots and garden beds.
- Growing Tip: Performs best in fertile, well-drained soil. Leaves may be cut back almost to ground level. Fertilise and water regularly.
- Position: Full sun
- Height / Spacing: 45cm, 25cm
- Lifespan: Annual
- Use: Leaves are ideal for salads, soups, omelettes and other hot dishes. A mild appetite stimulant.
- Companion Planting: Reputed to repel aphids. Plant near roses, carrots and tomatoes.
- Recipe Idea: View Pancetta and herb stuffing recipe
- Range: Code B Punnet, 100mm Herb pots, Zest 200mm