DIANTHUS COMPACT MIXED
Dianthus chinensis x barbatus
Dianthus Compact Mixed is a perennial usually grown as an annual. Flowers are mainly red shades or white with crimped edges, some with interesting variations.
- Growing Tip: Plant in a well-drained soil and protect from frost. May take longer to flower during the cooler months.
- Position: Full sun to part shade
- Height / Spacing: 25-30cm, 20-30cm apart. 9 Dianthus plants will cover a square metre.
- Lifespan: Annual
- Range: Code B Punnet
- Colour: MIXED
- Planting Time: All year
- Flowering: 8-10 weeks after planting
- Flowering Time: All year
- Uses: Compact Dianthus make excellent border plants or use in containers to brighten verandas and entertaining areas.