EGGPLANT FAIRY TALE
Solanum melongena F1
An attractive compact plant te produces pretty mauve flowers followed by clusters of 2-4 violet and white striped fruit. Eggplant Fairy Tale is less bitter than other eggplants and may be harvested when 10-15cm long. the small tender fruit may be grilled or marinated whole. Alternatively, leave the fruit to mature on the plant for longer and add to your favourite cooked dishes. Eggplants are a very good source of dietary fibre, potassium and vitamins B1 and B6.
- Growing Tip: Avoid overwatering when fruit nears maturity. Apply a Potassium (K) rich fertiliser once fruit appears for best results.
- Position: Full sun
- Height / Spacing: 45-60cm, 45-60cm
- Lifespan: Annual
- Planting Time: Spring, Summer
- Harvest: 6-8 weeks after planting if growing from seedlings.
- Range: Home Harvest 125mm pots, Cut & Cook Vegetables 200mm pots