Alcea rosea annua
Hollyhock Crimson is a compact variety suitable for planting in containers as well as out in the garden. A short-lived perennial treated as an annual, Hollyhock Crimson produces large semi-double to double flowers within the first year of growth.
- Growing Tip: Pinch plants at the fifth or seventh node to encourage formation of multiple strong flowering stems. Fertilise regularly at recommended rates.
- Position: Full sun
- Height / Spacing: 90cm, 30-40cm apart. 5-7 Hollyhock plants will cover a square metre.
- Lifespan: Biennial
- Range: Code C Punnet, Visions® 100mm pots
- Colour: RED
- Planting Time: Autumn, Spring
- Flowering: 15-17 weeks after planting if growing from seedlings. Allow an extra two weeks if plants have been pinched.
- Flowering Time: Late Spring to mid-Autumn