Alcea rosea annua
Hollyhock Purple is a compact variety suitable for growing in pots as well as out in the garden. A short-lived perennial frequently treated as an annual Hollyhock Purple produces large semi-double to double flowers within in the first year of growth that continue from late spring to mid-autumn.
- Growing Tip: Pinch plants at the fifth or seventh note will encourage multiple strong flowered stems. Fertilise regularly at recommended rates.
- Position: Full sun
- Height / Spacing: 90cm approx., 30-40cm apart
- Lifespan: Perennial
- Range: Visions® 100mm pots
- Colour: PURPLE
- Planting Time: Autumn, Spring
- Flowering Time: Spring, Summer, Autumn
- Uses: Pots, garden beds, borders, informal hedge, cut flowers.