KALE RED RUSSIAN
A popular and attractive cool season, heirloom vegetable with dark green, oak-leaf cut leaves that develop a red-purple hue as the weather grows colder. High in antioxidants, nutritious Red Russian Kale is a super food that has a mild, sweet flavour. This large, hardy kale has red tinged stems and may grow up to 60cm tall and 80cm wide. It has improved disease tolerance and is best grown as annual. This exciting new releases is available from late February 2014.
- Growing Tip: Grow quickly for best flavour development. Harvest leaves as needed or cut entire matured plant off at the base. Apply as low-release general fertiliser at time of planting and liquid feed fortnightly.
- Position: Full sun
- Height / Spacing: 60cm, 80cm apart
- Lifespan: Annual
- Planting Time: Autumn, Winter
- Harvest: 3-4 weeks (salad leaves), 5-7 weeks (mature leaves)
- Uses: May be enjoyed as a tender cooked vegetable or harvested at the baby leaf stage for use as nutritious salad leaves. Attractive foliage for pots or landscape use.
- Range: Eziplanter 6 pack