Brassica oleracea sp.
Tuscan Kale is an edible heirloom variety with attractive, long dark green crinkly leaves. Kale is extremely nutritious and a good source fibre, folate and vitamins A, C, K.
Now available in Eziplanter 6 packs of top quality advanced seedlings along with Kale Red Russian and Kale Winter Wonder.
- Growing Tip: Grow quickly for best flavour development. Harvest leaves as needed or cut entire matured plant off at the base. Apply as low-release general fertiliser at time of planting and liquid feed fortnightly.
- Position: Full sun
- Height / Spacing: 60-70cm
- Lifespan: Annual
- Planting Time: Spring, Summer (Sept-Dec)
- Harvest: 7-8 weeks after planting if growing from seedlings.
- Uses: Use in soups, pasta sauces and salads. Looks attractive in pots and garden beds.
- Range: Eziplanter 6 pack, Thumbs Up 100mm pots, Zest 200mm