Lemon Balm is an easy-to-grow perennial with leaves that produces a lemon scent when crushed. Small white flowers appear in summer. Suited to large pots and garden beds.
- Growing Tip: Plant in friable, well-drained soil and prune regularly by approx. a third to promote new growth.
- Position: Full sun, Part shade
- Height / Spacing: 60-80cm, 30-45cm
- Lifespan: Perennial
- Use: Fresh leaves occasionally to make a tea reputed to lift the spirits and relieve digestive upsets. Adds a lemon flavour to sauces, fruit salads, and fish and chicken dishes. Use dried leaves in potpourri.
- Companion Planting: Attracts pollinating bees to the garden.
- Range: 100mm Herb pots