Origanum vulgare ‘Aureum’
A hardy perennial herb with golden leaves that looks superb whether planted in pots or as a border or ground cover. Pink-white flowers appear during the warmer months.
- Growing Tip: Plant in friable, well-drained soil. Trim back after flowering. Tolerates periods of dryness.
- Position: Full sun
- Height / Spacing: 30-60cm, 20-30cm
- Lifespan: Perennial
- Use: Has a sweeter flavour than oregano. Add fresh or dried leaves meat, vegetable, pasta and tomato dishes.
- Companion Planting: Attracts pollinating bees. Reputed to improve flavour of herbs and vegetables growing nearby.
- Range: 100mm Herb pots, Cut & Cook Herbs 200mm pots