Mentha X piperita ‘Piperita’
A spreading perennial that is easy to grow featuring a beautiful fragrance and small leaves. Petite lilac flowers appear in summer.
- Growing Tip: Requires a moist position with good drainage. Tip prune regularly to promote new growth. Best grown in pots to limit spread.
- Position: Part shade
- Height / Spacing: 30-60cm, 60cm
- Lifespan: Perennial
- Use: Adds flavour to salads and desserts. Add dried leaves to potpourri. Infuse leaves to make a tea reputed to relieve nausea.
- Companion Planting: Mints are said to repel aphids, moths, ants and mice. Attracts pollinating bees.
- Range: 100mm Herb pots, Zest 200mm