Mentha X piperita
Perennial with highly aromatic foliage and stems tinged with shades of red. Flowers appear in summer.
- Growing Tip: Tip prune regularly to promote fresh growth. Best grown in pots to limit spread. Requires a moist position with good drainage.
- Position: Full sun, Part shade
- Height / Spacing: 50-90cm, 30-60cm
- Lifespan: Perennial
- Use: Add leaves to salads and desserts or make tea. Mild antiseptic used traditionally to aid colds and upset stomachs.
- Companion Planting: Mints are said to repel aphids, moths, ants and mice. Attracts pollinating bees.
- Range: 100mm Herb pots, Zest 200mm