Nicotiana x alata
Nicotiana, otherwise known as flowering tobacco, is a hardy annual / tender perennial with pretty, star-like and trumpet-shaped blooms during the warmer months. This compact form develops full flower coverage. Blooms may open to release a fragrance in late afternoon and early evening.
Nicotiana is suitable for ornamental use only and is harmful if eaten.
- Growing Tip: Plant in garden beds and medium-large containers. Prefers a rich, moist soil or potting mix. Water well during warm weather. Best grown as an annual in many areas.
- Position: Full sun to part shade
- Height / Spacing: 30cm, 25cm apart.
- Lifespan: Annual
- Range: Colour On Colour
- Flowering Time: Sold in 170mm pots in full flower
- Flowering : Spring and Summer
- Available: Spring