The personal information you provide in relation to any enquiry will be used only by Oasis Horticulture, and only for the purpose of responding to your enquiry. Oasis Horticulture may also disclose your information if required to do so by law, or if you request us to do so.
Oasis Horticulture will only keep a record of your information for backup or administrative purposes. You have a right to request access to information which Oasis Horticulture holds about you, and to ask Oasis Horticulture to correct it if you believe it is inaccurate or out of date. Please contact Oasis Horticulture if you would like to discuss your privacy rights.
What Types of Information Does Oasis Horticulture Collect From Me?
Personal Information. We collect Personal Information from you. As explained above, Personal Information is information that can be used to identify you individually, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
Non-Personal Information. We also collect "non-personal" information from you, such as your browser type, the URL of the previous web site you visited, your ISP, operating system, and your IP Address. This information ("Non-Personal Information") cannot be easily used to personally identify you.
How and When Does Oasis Horticulture Collect This Information?
Providing Information to Us. We collect Personal Information from you when you provide it to us. For example, if you purchase a product sold through the Web Site, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. If you sign up to receive a newsletter, we will collect your name and email address.
Communications With Us. If you communicate with us regarding the Web Site or the Oasis Horticulture Services, we will collect any information that you provide to us in any such communication, except credit card information.
Analytic and Reporting Technologies. Like the operators of most web sites, we use analytic and reporting technologies to record Non-Personal Information such as Internet domain and host names, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser software and operating system types, click-through patterns, and the dates and times that the Web Site and the Oasis Horticulture Services are accessed.
How Does Oasis Horticulture Use My Information?
Personal Information. We use Personal Information primarily for our own internal purposes, such as providing, maintaining, evaluating, and improving the Oasis Horticulture Services and the Web Site, fulfilling requests for information, producing and shipping the products that you order, customer support, and to send you promotional information. For example, if you create an Affiliate Account, we will use the information that you provide to communicate with you and pay you any commissions that you earn. Similarly, if you sign up to receive a Oasis Horticulture newsletter, we will use your name and email address you provide to send you the newsletters.
Non-Personal Information. We use non-personal information to track your use of the Web Site and the Oasis Horticulture Services and for other internal purposes, particularly providing, maintaining, evaluating, and improving the Oasis Horticulture Services and the Web Site.
Generally speaking, we do not intentionally disclose your information to third parties without your consent. However we reserve the right to do so because it is necessary to the operation and continued growth of our business or to protect the rights of others. These instances are discussed below:
- Disclosure to Successors. We may disclose your Personal Information to any successor-in-interest of ours, such as a company that acquires us. In the event Oasis Horticulture goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. In the event of a change in ownership or control of your personal information, we will send a notice by email to the address that you have provided and/or post a notice on our Web Site of any such change.
- Disclosure to Unaffiliated Third Parties. We may disclose your Personal Information to prevent an emergency, to protect or enforce our rights, to protect or enforce the rights of a third party, or as required or permitted by law (including, without limitation, to comply with a subpoena or court order). In particular, if you are an Affiliate, we may disclose your information to a third party that alleges that you have infringed their intellectual property rights. Similarly, if you allege that an Affiliate allegedly infringes your intellectual property rights, we may disclose your information to that Affiliate.
- Disclosure to Third-Party Service Providers. We may contract with various third parties who help us provide and maintain the Web Site or the Oasis Horticulture Services. For example, we use a third-party to process payments made to us, and may subcontract out production, fulfilment, or other operations. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent such third parties from disclosing your Personal Information, except for the purpose of providing the services in question. We cannot guarantee that such third parties will not disclose your Personal Information.
- Disclosure of Non-Personal Information. We will disclose Non-Personal Information, in aggregate form, to potential strategic partners, advertisers, investors, customers, and others. You may not "opt out" of the sharing of this information. However, it cannot be easily used to identify you personally.
- Opt In Use and Disclosure. Users of the Web Site will have opportunities to opt-in to have their information used for other purposes. If you do not wish your information shared, it can be prevented by not opting-in for the particular purpose or promotion.
How Does Oasis Horticulture Use My Information?
Does Oasis Horticulture Protect My Personal Information?
Personal Information. Whenever we obtain your Personal Information, we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorised access or disclosure. However, we are not insurers of the security of your Personal Information. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
Web Site Content. The content that you store, post, or transmit on or through the Web Site, may be accessed by other users, including people that you do not know. We are not responsible for the actions of others. Therefore, you should use care in communicating with other users and only disclose your Personal Information to other users that you know to be trustworthy. You should not assume that your content will be kept private.
How Can I Review and Make Changes to My Personal Information?
You can obtain a copy of and request that we correct errors in your Personal Information by contacting us. For your protection, you will be required to provide proof of your identity to obtain a copy of your Personal Information. If your Personal Information changes or if you no longer want to use the Oasis Horticulture Services, you may correct, update or deactivate your Personal Information by contacting us. If you would like to deactivate or terminate your account you can also contact Customer Service.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number on registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
What About Children's Privacy?
Under Thirteen. The Oasis Horticulture Services are intended for users ages 13 and older. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children that we know to be under the age of 13. In addition, we will delete any information in our database that we know originates from a child under the age of 13.
Thirteen to Seventeen. Prospective users between the ages of 13 and 17 can only use the Oasis Horticulture Services under their parents' or legal guardian's supervision. If you are between the ages of 13 and 17, you, your parent, or your legal guardian may request that we delete any of your Personal Information in our database and/or opt-out from receiving communications from us. If you wish to do so, please contact us.
Can I "Opt Out" From Receiving Communications From Oasis Horticulture?
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication.