Thymus X citriodorus
Hardy perennial with a spreading habit and lemon scented leaves. Small flowers appear in spring and summer.
- Growing Tip: Plant in well-drained friable soil. Tip prune in early spring to promote new growth. Water and fertilise regularly. Frost tolerant.
- Position: Full sun
- Height / Spacing: 25-30cm, 60cm.
- Lifespan: Perennial
- Use: Add to fish and poultry, cream sauces, salads. Infuse leaves to make a mild tea reputed to relieve headaches.
- Companion Planting: Attracts pollinating bees. Reputed to enhance growth of plants growing nearby.
- Recipe Idea: View Slow Cooked Atlantic Salmon Fillets recipe
- Range: 100mm Herb pots, Zest 200mm